Saturday, December 15, 2012

Good sick day

Blythe got a stomach bug on Monday night, so Tuesday we quarantined the house for the day. Some days that might be tricky and not awesome, but because everyone felt great all day, it was just a fun cozy day inside. I bought a canvas last month on sale for $3.00, and we brought it out for  a little something I saw on Pinterest.
 Can you tell whose had is whose? I love how characteristic they are... from left to right: little, precise Blythe (who actually perfectly did her handprint twice since we didn't press hard enough the first time); experienced hand-printer big girl Abby Jane; Joy, who can't keep her fingers still for the three seconds needed for the handprint. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.  
Love time with my sweet babies at home. In light of yesterday's events, something like this is something I don't take lightly or for granted. Such a perspective-keeper and a reminder of the the humbling privilege it is to be a parent to our kids.

1 comment:

JJ said...

hey girl! wanted to send y'all our Christmas card. are you still at Tara Ct? miss you! you can email me back at joyjonas@gmail.com :) thanks!