Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Squeezing it in...

There was so much I wanted to squeeze in before preschool started, and it was tough to make it all happen! One of those things was a day trip to Chattanooga to visit my big sis and her kids. It was such a great, simple day. I think our culture is so tempted to always program and schedule and "go and do" with our kids... but on Friday, these six little cousins had such a sweet summer day, just playing in my sister's back yard. They played on the swing set, made a fort in the tree house...
jumped on the trampoline...
and this unlikely pair spent a long long time together in the sandbox.
Ian is probably the busiest of all the cousins, but he and my quiet little Blythe sat by each other for a good long while, engrossed in the sand. See Blythe trying to bury her little feet like Ian?
Then there's Maggie, who hangs in tough with all the older kids and alternated between having toys stolen by the twins and getting knocked over with hugs.
The highlight of the trip for me was that everyone took good naps/rest times, and Jodi and I had the opportunity to sit and talk for a wonderful long time. I so respect and am refreshed by my big sis, and it was such a treat to get that time with her!

1 comment:

Jeremy and Whitney Lloyd said...

Such a sweet visit, Em.....sister time is the best! =)