Thursday, August 4, 2011

NOT a fun run!


On Saturday morning, I ran the Red Top Roaster. I was really amped for the race and excited for a trail run. Well, the race itself was, shall we say, SIGNIFICANTLY more challenging that I anticipated!!! I have never seen more runners walking at a race in my life. I have NEVER been more grateful to see a finish line! And I am absolutely not, under any conditions, ever doing that race again.

But look what sugar love was waiting for me about a half mile before the end! It was so sad- they all watched and waved as I ran by... then the babies burst into tears, as they didn't understand why I didn't stop! Thankfully I didn't hear them crying- I had my music blasting so I wouldn't hear myself breathing!
That final stretch was a bit of a wrap around, so they were right at the finish line to give hugs! Here's Abby Jane...and the littles.Boo didn't mind mama being sweaty- she just wanted snuggles.A plus to the race being so ridiculous- I finished third in my age group, even with a time that was actually 30 minutes longer than I had realistically anticipated!! The girls thought it was fun to go up and get my award with me. An extra plus- this was my last "big" race in that age group... I'll be 30 by the next one... so at least I went out of racing in my 20's with a bang.
Saturday ended with family trip to Yogo Ono and a cul-de-sac late night showing of Pirates of the Caribbean- thank goodness for long range monitors!

No comments: