First day of preschool was on Tuesday, and Abby Jane's level of excitement was on par with birthday or Christmas. She was up until 10 pm the night before, just talking and laughing to herself. She could hardly sit still enough to eat a semblance of a breakfast. FINALLY it was time to take a few pictures and go!

Hugs goodbye to little sisters...

This picture totally encapsulates Abby Jane on her first day of school- it was so, so precious to see my big girl 1000% ready to start school!
(Note to self: nix the pink hairbows when we wear this dress next time!)
Walking her in with the preschool bag. There were a lot of little people taking identical pictures toting their own blue bags that morning!

My fabulous husband had planned all along to come be a part of that first day, which I didn't expect, and definitely thought was quite the above-and-beyond daddy moment. Abby Jane didn't actually bother to tell us goodbye, but we called her back to the door to say bye. Daddy stole a kiss before letting her get back to important preschool business.

When Jake was putting Joy in the car after walking out of the preschool, she scrambled out of her seat and went straight for Abby Jane's, saying, "Abba seat, Abba seat!" She was grinning from ear to ear at getting to sit in Abba seat. There was obviously no love lost there! Look at these happy girls with their mama all to themselves. It was amazing having one hand for each child I was responsible for! I am so looking forward to extra time with just these little people while my big kid is away having the time of her life.

My dear friend Kristin has her little girl in Abby Jane's class as well, so we shared our first morning as mothers of preschoolers together!

Abby Jane gave a glowing report after both Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and she had the most precious comment yesterday afternoon. We were talking about all the things she had done that day, and she said, "Miss Rose talks like she smiles a lot." I thought WHAT a compliment! Both of her teachers are just PRECIOUS women that make ME feel fabulous after chatting with, and I love that after just two mornings with those ladies loving on and teaching her, Abby Jane hit the nail on the head so well.
New goal: talk like I smile a lot.
2 comments:
So precious!!! I love Abby Jane's big big grin. So cute!
Yeah. I didn't want to say anything, but it did seem like a LOT of bows with the dress and all. Glad you agree! :)
Post a Comment