Sunday, August 22, 2010

Community Fun

This weekend was the Pigs and Peaches Festival, and our expectations were far exceeded.
We spent about 1 1/2 hours there, and came away with a free BBQ lunch, a free bottle of amazing BBQ marinade, the best (and free-est) Krispy Kreme donut I've ever had,
1/4 peck of peaches from our favorite Blue Ridge orchard (Mercier), one cheek painted,
about 1 hour and 15 min. of free jumping time in various bouncy houses, and three sweaty, happy girls.
Today was the first game of KSU's women's soccer team in their amazing new facility. Jake got free tickets, so we went to the first half with Mimi and Bop Bop.
Abby Jane paid close attention to the soccer, and the babies paid close attention to the free inaugural cups belonging to the people behind us that were in just the right range for grabbing and trying to teethe on...
I'm a big fan of fall, and fall festivities have begun!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Looks like a great time! I'll join you on the fall fan bus as well. Can't wait for the temperatures to match the season here!