Monday, August 16, 2010

9 months stats... I think

Blythe:
28 1/2 inches (75%)
19 lbs (50%)- discovered right after that her diaper was dirty... last week was 18 1/2 lbs

Joy:
28 inches (75%)
20 lbs 6 oz (75%)

Anyone else think the height measurements for babies are pretty much for the birds? How accurate can it be to draw a line on wiggling babies at their heads and toes, measure that, and call it a day?

The little ones did not sleep well last night due to some teething congested heads... so the check-up scheduled right at naptime was not a big hit with either of my young ladies. Bless our sweet pediatrician's and nurses' hearts! Bless my girls' hearts!

It was kind of classic, though- one of those times that I know are few and far between, but it was so stereotypical of what you would think is the norm that I'm sure all the staff were thinking, "Glad I don't have twins!" But of course we know they are edibly precious the vast, vast majority of the time...

2 comments:

Anna Bean said...

I completely agree with the height statement. It has Will at -3%. I mean really- negative- no way that is right!;) And every time we go to the doctor, I feel that when I leave they are thinking maybe I shouldn't have any more children for a while. I think it's not quite fair on our precious, active children to have them stuck in a room waiting to be examined and pricked and not act a little "off". Your girls are precious and sound like they are doing great. I loved your Saturday post- so grateful for life's little pleasures.

Jeremy and Whitney Lloyd said...

Oh Em,
Isabella was not happy at her last appointment either! I mean...I can't blame them....I would be mad too if someone was taking all my clothes off, measuring me, weighing me....and poking me with needles!....All during my nap time! =)
Give those sweet girls a kiss for me!