Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Things She says...

Abby Jane is always cracking us up, so I thought I'd give you a little sampling of a typical day's favorite lines...


When we first go in to get her up in the morning: "We going somewhere special today?" or "Who's coming to our house today?" or "What are we having for dinner?" It's one of those three.


Multiple times a day: "Mama, whacchu doing?"


"Awww, I love her!" to one of the babies.

When Jake tried to hide a snack in his lap on the way home from A-Day: "Daddy, whacchu eating right there in that bag between your legs?" "Uh, sour patch kids. You want some?"

"Can I have (fill in the blank) after I finish my vegetables?" Makes me feel like a veggie nazi. But hey, it's in my job description.


"Mama, can we go (fill in the blank) after you finish feeding the Blythe and Joy from your chest and from their bowls over there in those high chairs?"


"I need to make a phone call."


SHE sings "Jesus loves me" when the little babies both cry. Precious.

Us: "Abby Jane, where do you think that plane is going?" Abby Jane: "To the airport." (must think Mom and Dad are a little slow)

And most importantly, Abby Jane has said "y'all" twice in the last week. Our work here is done.

6 comments:

Anna Bean said...

That is so cute. It amazes me how they see everything. I try to sneak food while I am driving and Ellie always sees it and wants some. You know their minds must always be going, like when they wake up and already have been thinking about their day. I have been talking to Ellie about potty training and asking her if she needs to go peepee and she says "no, it's hidin'"- like it's not ready to come out yet, I guess. Who knows?

Thomas, Becca, and Bailey said...

So funny! I love reading your blog and keeping up with you and your family. You make me laugh out loud and tear up at times. I miss you, friend! Love and hugs to you and your sweet family!

JJ said...

I love it...her little mind is learning so much and what comes out of their mouths is just priceless!! Hope we can see ya'll soon after we get home in July!

Milla said...

Oh Emily those quotes are absolutely precious... I especially love "to the airport!" What a brilliant thing to say! :) Thanks for posting for us all to have a little laugh!

Maggie M. Cooper said...

I love that she is saying "yall". I remember the first times ME said that, I was thrilled:) She definitely has a southern accent-makes me proud. She says "What yall doin?" a lot! And all of her one syllable words have atleast 2:) Hope I can see that sweet AJ again soon!

Kristy Collins said...

Oh this post made me laugh so hard! I cannot believe how big Abby Jane and the twinsies have gotten...you have SUCH a beautiful family, Em!!!