Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bumper Debacle

A few weeks ago, Blythe's toes became entangled in the thread from the monogram on her bumper. The monogram had actually come unravelled and wrapped around her little baby toes.
Though she was fine after we cut the thread, it could have been more serious.

Needless to say, we contacted Pottery Barn Kids customer service. I cannot begin to describe how well they have addressed the issue. They no longer make our bumper, so I got to pick out a replacement (which was tricky since there is another crib to coordinate with!) and they sent a gift card for the balance between what I chose and what I originally paid for the first bumper.

Today I was told I would be receiving another $50 gift card for all my trouble. Ours is the first incident like this, and it got passed onto a claims firm that had several questions for me, even though we assured them we were not going to pursuing the matter past getting a replacement. Based on they way everyone treated me, it may be an understatement that we raised a lot of red flags at PBK!

So here's Blythe's new digs.
Unmonogrammed, not because of safety concerns, but so it can match Joy's better. I think she likes it.
Moral of the story- go to the trouble of contacting customer service if you have any problems, even if the product is not brand new. PBK did their job well- I am very motivated to continue to be a customer there because their service was so impeccable!

No comments: