Saturday, June 26, 2010

Six Years

I was looking for wedding pictures to upload to commemorate THE day... and I ran across honeymoon pics first! We had an awesome wedding day but we also loved our honeymoon, so here are a few blasts from the past! We went to Ocho Rios, Jamaica...
What's funny about these pictures is that we were married long enough ago that we did not own a digital camera on our honeymoon- that came a few months later! So the pics are a bit grainy, but I love this one anyways b/c we're laughing so hard... that waterfall was ICE cold!
Jake doing backflips off the high dive... I did a few, too... oh wait...
We went out on catamarans, waterskiied, rode horses, and it was also my first experience on a sea kayak... which most of y'all know we LOVED getting to do a few times in Cali, too. We almost bought one but decided to have Abby Jane instead. :)
On this day, six years ago, I married my best friend and I cannot imagine anyone being a better husband to me or dad to my kids. He goes above and beyond all the time, and he loves the Lord more than he loves us. I am in love with this guy and so grateful that I get to be his wife for forever.
Two more thoughts: there are probably more people who read this blog that we did not know on our wedding day than people we were already friends with. I might not have guessed that one. Secondly, if you had told us six years ago that we would be coming into this anniversary after (1) several days of potty-training our two-year-old, (2) having two more kiddos besides her, and (3) that Jake is loving his job at Kennesaw State (after two great jobs at Auburn and Pepperdine), I'm not sure which would have been more surprising. Each one is such a blessing because of all they signify. God is good, and we are grateful!

2 comments:

Maggie M. Cooper said...

Happy Anniversary!:) Love keeping up with yall!

lhassler said...

Happy, happy anniversary! I don't know about you, but I could really use a honeymoon trip all over again.