Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our Hero

Today on the way to Jake's parents' for a cookout, we were playing a family game and I said "Daddy is sassafras." (It's a funny game, I promise.)

Abby Jane said, "No, Daddy's not sassafras. Daddy is a CLIMBER of MOUNTAINS!" Totally out of the blue- we have not read or seen anything recently anything about mountain climbers. It was a fabulous Father's Day moment, as Jake is indeed a climber of mountains in oh, so many ways!

I know there are a lot of other wonderful dads out there,
but there is no other man on God's green earth that I would rather have than Jake Gross as the my little ladies' daddy
and my partner in the adventure that is our little family!
My daughters and I are blessed beyond measure!
(Has anyone else noticed that some of your best pictures happen when your kids are in PJs?!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute story, Em. We miss y'all and love y'all. Tell the girls, especially Abby Jane, that Uncle Jake says hello