Skip to #2 if you don't care about pottytraining!
TOP 10 POTTYTRAINING HIGHLIGHTS...
10. the presence of M&M's in the house... you've got to try the pretzel ones- they're not as bad for you and quite tasty... or so Abby Jane tells me (because I certainly have not sampled her special treats)
9. Abby Jane's delight in calling Santa Claus (who sounded a lot like Jake) to report potty success
8. returning a box of size 6 diapers to Costco... $41.97 back in my wallet
7. discovering that Abby Jane respects the Disney princesses on her naptime Pull-Ups (we have not really introduced any characters in our home, so princesses are novel) and does not want to pee pee or poo poo on them... I went and bought her Disney Princess panties after bedtime that night. They have magical powers on my child, I think.
6. changing tactics on Saturday and letting her set the pace for the most part (except pre/post-nap visits)... and discovering the kid can hold a lot for a long time, exampled by...
5. staying clean and dry THE WHOLE TIME at church- we're talking 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. CRAZY
4. her ASKING (the first time she took initiative) Jake to go to the potty while we're at a pool party on Sunday night... and Jake being the first one to take her to a public bathroom- and thus the first to decontaminate her after using the MEN'S ROOM
3. she spent the day with her Mimi on Monday and requested potty trips at the park and a museum... I think a variety of potties is fascinating, which leads me to...
2. we went to our Tuesday farmer's market today, and despite the sweltering heat, still went to the park nearby afterwards to let AJG play until the twins decided they needed lunch and were too hot... so picture Blythe in the Bjorn, Joy in the BOB, and Abby Jane walking with me from the park to the car parked 100 yards away. Both twins were tired and hungry, and Jane says, "I need to go potty"... so we go to the public one (I am a germaphobe who has multiple bottles of antibacterial gel with me at all times... except this time of course). Blythe was dangling in the Bjorn, PATTING the paper dispenser while I am holding Jane on the pottty (and thus can't do anything about Blythe), and I'm telling Abby Jane "DON'T TOUCH THAT! JUST HOLD ONTO MAMA'S LEGS! NO, DON'T PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE POTTY!", meanwhile my sweet old Joy is sweaty and crying in the BOB b/c she can't see us the way I had her turned and thought she'd been abandoned in a smelly concrete block building... it was pretty classic. It's funnier now than it was at the time. It was actually funny as soon as I sterilized everyone and got us in air conditioning.
1. The top highlight is that we are entering the good life... in which only two of our three are in diapers... which is like getting a raise. And I'm just proud of my girl for growing up.
7 comments:
Congrats to all of you, but especially to Abby Jane! Great job, little lady!! :)
woo hoo!!!! I know you're excited! love the stories! did I tell you I got a portable potty for the back of my car so I can avoid public restrooms!? I can only imagine how ridiculous we look -- oh well!
busted a gut laughing at this. I'm afraid to potty train for precisely #2.
Hilarious! We do #7 as well...we tell Fallon it'll make Minnie Mouse very sad if she gets wet or stinky.
Proud of AJ!:)
Proud of AJ!:)
way to go abby jane!
Post a Comment