Our day of celebrating one year of Blythe ad Joy being in our lives began with their first birthday gift from Mama and Daddy, and we made them
race for it (having trouble uploading video directly, so you have to click on the link- sorry!)
They LOVE their chairs!!!

Birthday roses from Daddy, a tradition started by my dad.

This girl was ready to party from the moment she woke up!

Jake's beautiful Granny is below. We were blessed to have Granny, my Grandaddy, and Granny Joan and of course Grammy, Mimi, and Bop Bop all there-along with a grand total of 54 guests, not including our little family. Both my sister and brother came in town with their families to make a weekend of it. What a fabulous celebration of two tiny girls!


Because I totally went overboard with the pumpkin theme, despite serious plans to keep it simple, I thought I'd be funny.

Some of our dearest friends, the Kelleys, were among the first to arrive- Anna Beth and Abby Jane are just a few months apart and such sweet friends!

The pumpkin painting was successful, amazingly, despite the young ages of most of the artists!

A sampling of the babies in our small group at church- these six are all within four months of each other.

Blythe and Joy in their pumpkin dresses... and someone's arm tickling Blythe...

More artists...

Jake and I love throwing big parties, and we realized at the end of the day that this was our first one since we moved back. We were so thankful for what a fabulous day it was and for everyone who came to be a part of it!
5 comments:
You are Supermom. Jeff has threatened to make me stop reading your blog and insists you are a real person. Really. I don't think I believe him. You are a super-hero and your beautiful children are absolutely blessed to have you as their caretaker in chief. Happy birthday to those beautiful darlings!
No, do not be overly impressed. Everything turned out the way I wanted it to and I'm so glad I did it, but I definitely got the week before from too many late nights along the way! Thanks for the encouragement, though! Happy birthday to YOU, too- it's so fun that their bday is so close to yours!
Happy 1st Birthday Precious Blythe and Joy!! I can't believe it's already been a year?! Their birthday party looked amazing! I loved watching the video of the cake...too funny. What a cute idea to have a pumpkin theme, and their dresses looked darling. 54 people...Wow!! How fab you got to spend it will all of your sweet family and friends. Sending birthday hugs for the twins and for Abby Jane :)
love it!!! did i tell you i found pumpkin pasta sauce at world market!?!?!? you missed out -- pumpkin pasta salad! i think you need to do the party again! :) seriously, i bought it so what should I do with it!?
So fun! I love your pumpkin theme. Happy Birthday, Blythe and Joy! We love and miss you, Gross Family!
Post a Comment