One week after the twins were born last year, Mom briefly left her Grammy post and went and ran a half-marathon real quick before coming back.
Ever since then, I've been looking forward to doing the same race- and now it's tomorrow! She and I are running it, along with my childhood friend (and mother of 2 yr old twins), Betsy, and my church friend (and mother of Grant, who just turned one), Ericka!
I've been putting in consistent long runs since January, so I'm definitely very ready, but I'm also definitely slow! I was feeling really good mid-summer and decided to try some speedwork... and old knee injuries started to hurt. So I decided to suck up pride in meeting fancy time goals and just enjoy the distance and process!
That said, when I registered for the race, it gave the option of having my split times automatically uploaded to my facebook status. Um, no.
I also could have my splits texted to up to five people. My husband, who is stuck with me for better or for worse, is pretty much the only person who is on the need-to-know basis as to my exact progress. The other morning I came in from my last big run before the race, and Jake said, "So, are you ready?" And I said, "Like a rockstar. Like a slow rockstar."
Jake's playing superdad tonight while Mom and I go stay at my aunt's home, which is closer to the race. In the morning, Jake and Abby Jane will be braving some FRIGID weather to come cheer for us, while the little ones get their epic naps at home with their Mimi.
This morning, I plopped all the kids in the front yard to hang out while I unloaded groceries, and they all struck me as being particularly photogenic. Here's what happened, all spontaneous and unposed by me.
Joy waves all the time and says, "Hi!" (cue extremely Southern drawl.) She's still waving after saying "hi" here to Abby Jane across the yard...
No comments:
Post a Comment