Sunday, July 18, 2010

We're all learning...

Yesterday, our family of five loaded up and drove Jake to the airport to fly out to L.A. for his last on-campus session that will complete his doctoral coursework!! On the way we had a conversation that went like this...

Abby Jane: "Whacchu going to do in California, Daddy?"

Jake: "I'm going to finish my doctorate."

Abby Jane: "Whacchu going to do with that, Daddy?"

Jake: "I can better help people, I get to learn, and it will help me make more money."

Em: "Daddy gets to learn, Abby Jane!"

Abby Jane: "I'm learning how to go poo-poo on the potty!"

Jake: "Yes, Daddy had to learn how to do that before he got to start his classes, too."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was great to see Jake at church today. Congratulations on finishing his doctorate.

lhassler said...

Ok. That is FUNNY!

The Gregorys said...

How many years do you think it will be before our families quit talking about potty training? It seems everywhere I go, we end up talking about kids pooping on the potty. Will we ever move past this stage?! All that said, I AM VERY PROUD of my niece. She is a top notch potty goer!!