Monday, July 26, 2010

Less than 48 hours

Until Jake gets home! The girls and I "got away" to my mom's house for the last few days, and here are the high points (again, this falls under the category of superfluous blogging for Jake's sake!)

-Blythe's aforementioned bloody nose

-going to a wonderful park and all the girls getting to swing

-Greg, Sus, and their kids coming over for an evening swim (during which Abby Jane jumped off from standing on my shoulders AND jumped into the deep end with me!)

-the opportunity for me to get in some early morning runs, which I can't do while Jake's gone, and for me to do some child-free errands

-great time at Mom's church

-an extra set of hands to love on and help my little girls!

Every time Jake has to go out of town, I have a new respect for single mamas!

1 comment:

Jeremy and Whitney Lloyd said...

oh my goodness......i just told jer the same thing today...."i don't know how single moms do it!?? and i only have one...and she's good!" =)
i know you are so ready for your family of 5 to be back together!