Friday, July 23, 2010

Chapters

A huge one closed in our lives today as Jake had his very last day of classes for his Ph.D! I am so extremely proud of him and beyond thrilled that this day is here. He has loved his classes, his cohort, his faculty- the entire experience has been such a blessing.

But what on earth will we do now that he's only in the dissertation phase? I know, the phrase, "only" there is a joke- that's still so much, but it will be new sweet chapter where Jake can really dive into and enjoy his research without the responsibilities of coursework in addition.

Then there's that whole extra time for family thing that we'll have. I'm excited about about that one. There's a lot that Jake plans to do with his newfound time after spending four of our six years of marriage in class for either his masters or doctorate (he was halfway through that masters when we got married!)

Another chapter we appear to be opening is Blythe's camicaze stage. Today, she fell flat on her face from standing by the sofa and literally got a bloody nose. It was absolutely the saddest thing I have ever seen! Not to be gross, but the juxtaposition of blood on a little pink seersucker smocked top was so Blythe in that she's a sweet, petite little girly, but she's also seem to have some tomboy in her!

1 comment:

JJ said...

Congratulations Jake!!! I'm dying to see you all ! Hopefully soon :)