Last night we had Kris and Rebecca Hodges, KSU's Campus Crusade staff couple, over for dinner. Jake is Crusade's faculty advisor for KSU, so I have heard about the Hodges but didn't have the pleasure of meeting them until last night. We so enjoyed getting to know that sweet couple better and hear a little of what God's doing at KSU.
I used the opportunity to try Holly's Roasted Summer Squash and Chicken Pasta, which was amazing. It made enough for dinner last night, and at least three more dinners to freeze- very economical! I like it.
(Side note: I was at the farmer's market getting the veggies yesterday and ended up using one HUGE zucchini that was about the size of Blythe... that I got for $1!)
Our Turtle Bend veggie subscription gave me some basil last week, so I made some bruschetta and was amazed by how easy and FAST it was to make... and how addictive those little guys are.
(If you try it, I did add a pinch of sugar as my tomatoes seemed a bit too acidic at first. Also, as a cost-saver, I used shredded mozzarella I already had in the fridge instead of buying slices. It was still delish!)
Rebecca brought a salad with craisins and candied walnuts that was perfect and light with the pasta.
We did this blueberry topping (that Holly, a.k.a. Martha Stewart, told me about) for our vanilla ice cream, and I was a fan. I think it would also be great with angel food cake or pound cake. Didn't take pictures because we had company over and I didn't want to say, "Oh wait, let me photograph your dessert." But it was really pretty and summery looking! They say blueberries should be called brain berries because of how great they are for your brain. I'm sure the butter and sugar only enhance those qualities, right? Right, right...
No comments:
Post a Comment