Sunday, October 18, 2009

Twin Update and the Big Girl Room

We had an ultrasound today, and Blythe weighs 6 lbs. 12 oz and Joy weighs 7 lbs. 3 oz!!!  OH MY GOODNESS!!  We are scheduled for a C-Section on Friday the 30th if I don't go into labor before then.  Blythe was breech today, so even if I go into labor before, we'll end up doing a C-Section unless both girls' heads are down.  But praise the Lord for these BIG babies!!!

The big girl room is cozy in this rental, but it's perfect for her first room with a big girl bed.  I don't have any temptations out for her to want to get out of bed.  The piggy is a chair that was love at first sight when she received it on her first bday.  It was not planned to be a part of the big girl bed arrangement, but she asked to have it up there on her first night in her bed, and we haven't taken Piggy out as she has had such a successful transition!  Piggy is a gift that has kept on giving...
I made the headboard, pillows, and curtain tiebacks while we were at my mom's (I was sewing machine illiterate enough to need to ask her to thread the machine for me).  
The dresser was my mom's as a child, as well as being in all my sibling's and my nurseries.  Jake and I repainted it while we were at Mom's as well.

The reality is that normally that bed also has an average of 5 books, 3 babydolls, a Little People animal or two, and perhaps a train car in addition to the way it is pictured above, per various and sundry requests of the aforementioned "big girl." 

4 comments:

The Vaughns said...

WOW!! That must be a record size for twins?!?! What a praise! Love yall..

Lesley Roberts said...

Em, both rooms look great!! You did such a great job on the big girl bed! And so glad she loves her piggy! And i love the twins' bed!! So beautiful! Looking forward to our talk!

lhassler said...

Wow. Can I borrow you for a week? I haven't managed to get my ONE little girl room ready. I'm so impressed with the beauty, simplicity and softness of both rooms. You have a real talent. And, NICE WORK for your first sewing machine projects!

JJ said...

Great update! So glad AJ can be at the hospital now. Hoping you can have a vback and I am loving the rooms! Can't believe AJ is that big!! The 30th is Mallory's cousin, Pressley's bday (Chris and Haley's little girl up in Charlotte) so it will be a good day to remember!