Thanks for all your encouragement on the hospital thing- we are feeling more peace about it, but continue to pray for the Lord to be sovereign over it all!
Anyways, here is Jane running through the farmers market that morning. She's the small dot in motion.
Abby Jane gave Jake a milkshake maker, though I'm sure she had ulterior motives. Here she is decorating the present.
Jake thought we were going to have a quiet night at home, but as soon as we put Abby Jane to bed, I told him to change. Five minutes later, Sandy came over to babysit. Five minutes later, we were walking out the door to go out for dessert, drinks, and jazz at Dantes Down the Hatch in Buckhead!
It was a total surprise for Jake (as was last year's birthday celebration for his 30th) and a sweet, sweet night for us!
I could not be more thankful for the man the Lord has given me as a husband. He is my perfect complement, my best friend, and I am daily humbled by the fact that I get to be his wife. We laugh at how surprised and unbelieving we would be if you had told us before we were married the exact path our life together would take. There is no one else in the world that I can imagine sharing that adventure with than Jake. I respect him so highly in every way, and I am so blessed to be Jake's wife! Happy birthday babe!!!
2 comments:
Happy Belated, Jake! Emily, you are such an awesome wife and a great mom! I am inspired by your energy and lightness of heart and optimism. We'll be praying for an early labor and successful vbacs for both girls.
I've never yet gone into labor on my own, so I understand that fear. Fortunately induction has worked on me. May God give you beautiful, natural labor in his good, early time!
Sorry we forgot your bday, Jake! Happy birthday!
Emily, you just remember 30 to a woman is like 50 for a man. Your value is going down while jake's value continues to increase for a good while. hehe (lesley says I am an idiot. she knows this is true though)
We love y'all.
Jake (and Lesley)
Post a Comment