Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday night at the Gross home...

Will include a family of five after tonight!  I am still due for a C-Section next Friday at noon unless I go into labor or have any other extenuating circumstances in the meantime.  So before Jake and I start watching the movie we have, I wanted to share a few things...

1.  Abby Jane has been trying to get potty trained.  This is all Jake's doing and initiative- I am not crazy enough to undertake that process right now!  But the facts remain that she has gone on the potty almost every day at least once for the last couple of weeks at our suggestion.  She is particularly good at doing it as a performance for any company we have.  I know- the whole thing is backwards!

2. I don't think I've mentioned that every night when we put Abby Jane to bed, we read her board book Bible, pray, then I leave and it's Daddy/daughter time for a few last minutes. Abby Jane enjoys this so much that her goodnight kiss to me could not be more cursory and brief if she were a 12 yr old boy in front of his friends.  Further proof that I'm married to a wonderful man... this is breakfast the other day- eating/sharing his cereal, drinking his coffee, and reading a book to his little girl.
3.  My big sister Jodi came in town yesterday through this morning for a quick visit so we could actually hang out a bit before the girls come.  She brought 3 yr old Ian with her while Katie stayed home b/c of kindergarten.  We are so thankful for the proximity to allow these visits!
4. My mom sewed a new covering with some fabric we picked out together for the Moses basket she used for me and my siblings- I could not love the end product more!
Happy weekend- WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anna Bean said...

I am so excited for you guys! I love the picture of Abby Jane and Jake at the table. There is nothing sweeter than daddy/ daughter time. It amazes me how they can light up whenever their daddy walks into the room. We will be praying for you guys. And way to go Abby Jane on the potty progress!! What a big girl!

lhassler said...

Gorgeous little family! Abby Jane is one sharp cookie, I'm telling you. You're such good parents.

Erin said...

Emily! This tugs at my heartstrings because my Daddy always read me to bed when I was little! I loved that time. I'll be praying for you and your belly full of baby girls come Friday!

Ashley Christensen said...

Emily I am constantly thinking of you and wondering how you're feeling. You are in our prayers and I know that all will be well with you and your sweet new girls. I am anxious to hear the great news of their arrival. I love all that you've done in your home, and who can deny that you look FABULOUS!