It got an early start with a sweet luncheon at Abby Jane's school that began with a song...
and it was followed by a lunch that the children served the moms. They even had to wait until all the moms had received cake before they could go get their own. What sweet training of servant hearts and respect! Of course we also had a precious keepsake, too- LOVE this part of preschool- precious crafts!!I'm so proud of my big girl!
On Mother's Day, Abby Jane was so excited to get to join the children's choir for the first time!
The moms were a little excited too... this picture Jake took of Kristin and I videoing the kids makes me laugh.
It rained all day and was so chilly outside that it made for a cozy sweet afternoon at home.
Mom came over for supper that night, and we all had a wonderful night with Grammy! We missed celebrating with Sandy, but she got to spend Mother's Day with the Gillies in New Zealand, so no doubt they had a fun day, too!
I think Mother's Day should be re-named something like: "I have an amazing husband and the greatest kids in the world" Day... something about that day makes me appreciate anew being a wife and a mom. Even changing diapers and wiping bottoms on that day is somehow special- like today is ostensibly "my" day, but if it weren't for you [kid], I wouldn't be a mom. Random, I know, but I always come out of Mother's Day extra thankful and humbled to get to do my job.
No comments:
Post a Comment