Well, friends, 418 Stitches has turned one year! Check out the website to read my birthday post there, which included news about a couple of improvements I made to celebrate the milestone. But since this is our family blog, this post of 418 is going to be about the party.
Yup, we had a party. It was a little awkward when I was checking out at the store with party hats, etc., and the lady looks at my girls and asks whose birthday it is... "well, you see, I have this sewing business..." But any of you who know us know we love a birthday party. And we had a lot to celebrate! 418 raised over $1600 our first year, which far surpassed my expectations, so we wanted to party a bit and thank a few of our local friends and family who had been sweet encouragers, supporters, and advice-givers. There are a lot of you who read THIS blog who I would have loved to invited if you lived closer. :)
We were thankful rain held off and the neighbor's housemate's niece's birthday party bouncy house was in their yard instead of the cul de sac in front of our home as we were informed was the plan just a few days prior. With those two provisions, it was a sweet night. Only two dear families and both of our moms were missing, and though it would have been great to have them there, the night was sweet and perfect in every other way.
I think I have this same picture from every other party we have hosted. These two always find a few moments to have dad/son time!The Bop Bop factor was of course ever-popular with all eight of the four-and-unders. Of course mine took no warm-up time to know how wonderful their Bop Bop is.
The double fire hat- one on the head, one on your back... for back up.
We all had a good, good time.
In keeping with 418's heart to keep overhead low- somehow it seemed counter-intuitive to host an expensive party to celebrate giving money away- we did a potluck meal that I served on leftover paper goods from an assortment of gatherings. Which turned out to be fun- pick your poison- polka dot Valentine plates, pink princess party plates, blue flowered camping plates, polka dot napkins, blue napkins, orange cups... you get the idea.
So since it was my party, I got to claim desserts, too, and I did Holly's ridiculous strawberry cake with Sprinkles' strawberry frosting along with a new one to me- Peanut Butter Chocolate bars, which are addictive as they sound.
My sweet girls who were able to come- fun fact- except for me, everyone in this picture is carrying a baby one way or the other! So grateful for these friendships and for how they have walked this journey with me in our first year of this venture and ministry!
And of course, on this sweet early summer evening, after the last guests had gone, we saw the first lightning bugs of the year. Bop Bop was there to help gather and contain, and Abby Jane went to sleep with the jar on her dresser.
So, so thankful to the Lord for His sweet blessings in every way!
No comments:
Post a Comment