Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thanksgiving Tree round-up

As we were getting ready for Christmas decorations and taking down all things fall, I took out all the cards that went in our leaves in the course of November. I noticed there were definite patterns that developed.  Almost every day, Joy said she was thankful for Daddy.  Every now and then I got a shout-out.

EVERY DAY, Blythe said she was thankful for mice. "Mice" in Blythe language is "me." So you could say that Blythe really grasped the concept of being happy with just the way God made her.  And is very self-confident.

Abby Jane changed up her answers more, but most frequently, she had a Jesus-related answer: "I'm thankful that Jesus died on the cross for us." "I'm thankful that Jesus came to live with us." There was the occasional "warm house", "pancakes", "that Daddy came home safely from his trip".  But pretty much Joy was on the Daddy boat, Blythe was on the Blythe boat, and Abby Jane placed her bets with Jesus.

It will be fun to see their answers change from year to year!

1 comment:

Jeremy and Whitney Lloyd said...

I am soo doing this next year! I love the idea. =)