It is a family tradition on my side to make sugar cookies at Christmas. Usually this involves 16 pairs of hands, so Abby Jane and I had quite a bit of work to do on Christmas Eve morning. We started at 7:15 a.m.
Jake took the twins out for a date to Waffle House and to help them shop for Abby Jane while she and worked away in the kitchen.When they got back from their date, it was decorating time. Decorating cookies with two and three year olds is much like painting with them. You're excited to do it, glad you're doing it, and really glad when it's over and you have the finished product and memory complete.
This is double tasking at its best.
I love how sprinkles stick to the shaker when you dip the shaker in frosting.
Taste test.
I would love to take this opportunity to mention pecan pies. I made two types this year: a bourbon pecan pie that was quite delish, and the below-pictured caramel pecan pie that we had on Christmas Day and really loved. It's from my Aunt Boo's third cookbook that she just completed and is only one of the plethora of fantastic recipes in her lastest collection!
No comments:
Post a Comment