Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Adam

With this Christmas being a different one than years past since our family is currently a bit scattered to the winds, we had the opportunity to do more with friends than we usually get to, as you've seen in the past few posts. Another super-fun outing was going to the zoo just two days before Christmas with two dear other families AND the dads, who don't usually get to join us!  
 It was so fun to have the dads be a part of our normal zoo crew!
 Jake and his harem.
Joy hopped up with Mr. Brian on the train- which makes sense, since his son looks more like her twin than her real twin. This was our first day to ride the train, and it was such a treat for the girls!
 The next treat was getting to do the merry-go-round- our very first with the girls! It was so fun to have Jake be there to experience all the fun.  So often the moms get to have these neat times with your kids, then relate the whole story that night, which is part of why I'm an obsessive photographer. I want Jake to get to see and be a part as much as he can.  But being there in person is best of all.  Abby Jane and Joy climbed right up and were ready for action.

 Blythe preferred the tandem ride experience, which suited me fine.  I love snuggling my sweet Blythe.
 That night, we went to another Cartersville Christmas specialty (the parade being the crown jewel)... the lights of Pettit Creek Farms from the best seats in the house- the back of Bop Bop's old pickup truck.
Approaching the lights- the sky looked really neat...
We all had a really good time.
 What trip to see Christmas lights would be complete without live camels?

 The live nativity scene was the highlight for the girls- they talked about that the most, especially the sparkly, fancy angel you can see a little in this picture.  Abby Jane wanted to know how she got there.  It became a long conversation.
We love these fun memories with Mimi and Bop Bop!! By the way, Christmas Adam is the day before Christmas Eve.  I know- it's a horrible joke.  Jake rethinks his choice of a wife every time I throw that one out there.

1 comment:

lhassler said...

I must just say how much you completely crack me up. I laughed out loud at your Adam joke, and the girls' rapture and the laying to rest of the house. Funny stuff.