Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Jake's field of work. But the only downside of being employed by a university is that Christmas parties do not include spouses or dressing up. So when my Auburn roommate Lyndsay invited us for a fancy fun adults-only Christmas dinner in cocktail attire, I was ALL about it. I had been eyeing a few dessert recipes that called for... adult beverages... that were not appropriate for either our church small group party or any of the children's gatherings we've been to or hosted. So YEA an excuse to use them! Here are Jake and Jeff with a cup of Jake's FAMOUS not-for-the-weak eggnog.
Don't miss the "Uncle Eddie" eggnog glass.
Sweet Lynsday and I- Mat and Victoria were schedule to join us, but just Vic ended up coming a little late and coming solo, as Mat was significantly under the weather. Bless his soul, we missed him!Lyndsay set a beautiful table as always and served a fantastic dinner, complete with Christmas-based questions for everyone to draw and share about. It was one of those things we would have groaned if my mom did, but it was really fun and pretty funny with this group of friends.
Our after-dinner entertainment was to pile in one car and go see absolutely amazing lights in a nearby neighborhood, including a home that had lights synced to soft Christmas music. All in all, it was a fantastic evening out with dear friends!
1 comment:
I LOVE this. And I SO know what you mean. Jeff's office Christmas party was a lunchtime potluck. That's a dud. I've been longing to get dressed up...for pretty much anything. Maybe next year we'll host such a party. Sounds wonderful. And you look lovely.
Post a Comment