This morning, I just wanted to share that God has been so good in speaking to me this week. I'm a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE listener to Him. My mind is too full of my own thoughts and agenda when I'm praying or talking to Him. But God has somehow gotten around that and had GREAT things to teach me this week through my Bible study, through a novel I read the week prior, through random songs... it's been really great.
So if you're like me and have a hard time hearing Him sometimes, be encouraged He is SO at work and loves us and is doing things with our best in mind, even when you don't realize it.
I'll give one example, though there are many this week. I have been just a bucket of bellyaching about our house ever since we moved in. "Thankful" for a safe, decent house to live in, but not really thankful for other details about it. But as I finished my run yesterday, it was laid on my heart that I am the reason we are living here. Because He loves me and knows me. Because in this unattractive yet safe neighborhood, I have a safe place to run and a loop that is long enough for me to do my entire long run right here and even get some good hill workouts. Even in my mom's beautiful neighborhood or where Jake's parents are in idyllic Cartersville, I would not have a place to do an entire long run without getting on some main roads, which wouldn't be very kosher at the hours I run.
So it is because of God's graciousness and knowledge of what has been so important for me on many levels that we are here. And I was the one making the biggest complaint. I'm sure there are other reasons, too, but that one was what popped in my head yesterday. I've heard it said that when things pop in your head that don't sound like you, it's probably not. :)
SOOO... I had that revelation on my front step stretching, then came inside and my Bible study yesterday talked about (in Isaiah 24) how we can be brought from "complaint" to "understanding"! Wow. To have that be what I read when that's exactly what happened five minutes before was pretty amazing confirmation. God is good and He loves us so dearly.
2 comments:
Are you doing BSF? Really enjoying Isaiah. Really challenging though! Can't wait for it to start up again!
Yes, I'm in BSF. It's been awesome- we started back this past week. That's fun that you're in it as well! I love that everyone everywhere is getting the same lesson!
Post a Comment