Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mornings and afternoons

Breakfast with Daddy- notice the double hair accessories chosen at 7:20 a.m. Notice also the hot husband who is winking mid-bite with his own bedhead. I love this man. Oh I also just noticed he is using the World's Best Dad mug I gave him right before Abby Jane was born. Appropriate.
THIS IS MY LIFE. My lap is always like this, but there's not many pictures because by the time Jake gets home, my lap needs to be fixing dinner and doing other things and is done with being a playground. It's that whole "embrace the camera" deal- I'm usually on the other side- so I'm trying to work on getting photos of the everyday so my kids know in years to come... I WAS THERE!!!!!
Joy has a new habit of going to the fridge and grunting... pretty good hint!
But if mom's close by, I'm not a bad second to a sippy cup.
Abby Jane made a mini-slide out of a diaper box on its way out to the trash.
I will end with the story of yesterday morning.
5:00 a.m. ran 5 miles
6something: quiet time, shower
7something: Abby Jane wakes up, I fix all the breakfasts and Jake's lunch.
7:45- Jake left for work, a little earlier than most mornings.
8:05- twins decide to join the party
8:30 planned to get out the door to practice driving to the preschool we're looking at for Abby Jane to see what traffic is like in the morning
8:57 actually got out the door
9:00 was talking to my friend on the phone waiting on one side of the train tracks for the light to change when the cross ties start coming down and I realize I'm about 6 inches too far forward. Start backing up, car behind me is on my tail. Get back just far enough just in time to not get a new hood ornament. Get front row seat for watching train pass. Abby Jane calls it the Polar Express- being so close must have reminded her of the train whizzing past the kids in the movie. And it was in the mid 30's and drizzly outside, which is sort of polar.
9:17 arrive at preschool, not bad time
9:35 arrive at JoAnn's, carry in everyone to grab some thread
10:02 arrive at Costco, meet my friends Ericka and Kristin and hang out for a few minutes while they peruse and I grab my essentials
10:22 realize that if we want to go to music and dancing time at community center, we'd better get going. Give Abby Jane option of staying at Costco with our friends or go to music time (hope she chooses Costo, but want to give option). She chooses music time. Which starts at 10:30.
10:44 roll into music time. Thinking it is crazy to go when it's halfway over. I was wrong- there were still plenty of songs and they did a few extra! A plus: my friend Lindsey was there and the kids all ran/crawled around after. See her post for pics and some undeserved words.
11:30 go home, make tofu burgers,
12:00 lunch- twins want to try Abby Jane's burger, became obsessed, had to cut them off
12:55- last child was in bed. On to naptime and making Abby Jane's birthday dress...

Most of my mornings have about 1/3 of that action, so I wanted to record it!

No comments: