Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sittin on Santa's lap



Bet you didn't walk past this on YOUR way to see Santa! But then, the vast majority of you don't live in Kennesaw, home of a huge amount of Civil War history.
Beyond the above, the way Kennesaw does Santa is so smart. There's a parade through "downtown" (that's not so hot after you've been to Cartersville, though Santa does roll through town on a sleigh pulled by reindeer), then right there at the train depot is where you meet Santa (I just typed Satan as a typo instead of Santa- which makes the prior part of the sentence pretty funny- never noticed before that they both have the same letters.)

ANYWAYS. We hung out at the parade for a little while, then I split and saved us a place in the Santa line, which got us about 5th in line!
One of our cute neighbors, Jordan, was in line just in front of us- her daddy did the same thing I did. Jordan is a doll with our girls.
While we were waiting for Santa to get off his sleigh and come get situated, a train passed the depot- pretty cool- somehow the noise bothered the one who loves trains the most!
Then came the big moment... how would they do? Would this be the perfect moment? It only happens once a year! Was this going to be a replay of last year where she was so excited, then absolutely lost it? I had butterflies for them!
But no, this little girl was so incredibly excited to be in Santa's lap!!! She was a regular Cindy Lou-who. Last week, I told her he might ask what she wanted for Christmas. She said she would ask for crayons. CRAYONS. We should return the kitchen. When she could break her smile long enough to speak while we were messing with the twins, all she could say was, very quietly, "I want crayons, Santa..."
Now Blythe, on the other hand, thought Santa was a horrible, terrible man from the get-go. Look how concerned Mrs. Claus looks. Then Joy started trying to cut and run, so Santa suggested that he hold the twins and Abby Jane stand in the middle. That lasted about .3 seconds before Joy started bucking around hysterically.So this is the pic we bought from them to commemorate the event. C.L.A.S.S.I.C.

2 comments:

lhassler said...

Hahahahahaha. That is so dang funny. I'm so glad you bought it. What an absolutely fantastic picture. I mean, seriously, I'd send that as my Christmas card. That is fabulous.

Jeff H said...

I just typed Satan as a typo instead of Santa

Big, red, lots of supernatural powers...I bet this kind of thing happens to them all the time.