We have decided that we are going to continue with "doing Santa" but that we will really major on the birth of Christ and downplay Santa. I'm pretty excellent at stoking Abby Jane's fires about various concepts, and I'm going to really back down in the Santa department. In the meantime, when Santa comes up, I'm going to try to wrap it back as often as possible to how St. Nick gave gifts out of the joy and love in his heart from Jesus and how we give gifts to remember how God gave us Baby Jesus, etc etc.
So don't you worry, if you invite us over, my kids won't disillusion your kids. :)
But while we're on the topic... we have a favorite story of a sweet friend who was down in Baton Rouge for an LSU game a few years ago. You all know how those LSU fans can be- I don't need to elaborate there other than that we've all heard stories of 5 yr olds flipping off fans of opposing teams, etc. Well, this one little LSU kid kept taunting and taunting our friend, and finally she turned around and said, "Oh yeah? Well there's no such thing as Santa Claus!"
That's one way to learn that there are consequences to actions... :)
1 comment:
How do I order Juice Plus? Sounds great. Couldn't figure out where on website. :) Loved receiving your beautiful faces on your christmas card too!
Post a Comment