Every morning, I assemble these ingredients for all three of my girls' breakfast. It's an adaptation from Deceptively Delicious. I combine oats, a few spoonfuls of pumpkin puree, pour milk to cover, then microwave two minutes (I know, microwave zaps nutrients, stove is better for you, but not during our breakfast "rush hour" where every minute is precious!)
While it's cooking, I make Abby Jane's daily smoothie. They're usually done about the same time, and I open up capsules of Juice Plus* into Jane's smoothie and the twins' oatmeal. Remembering to add some flaxseed meal with and pumpkin pie spice is extra credit. Then all I do is pour a little applesauce into the babies' oatmeal to cool it off, and sweeten Janie's oatmeal with a little agave nectar (in place of the brown sugar called for the book's version) and raisins or craisins. All of the above takes a max of 5 minutes and voila! hearty breakfast that includes pumpkin in all its nutritional glory.
*I love knowing that no matter what food aversion each girl will have each day- and we all know those change daily at this age- they already had 17 fruits and veggies' worth of nutrition in a whole-food form. The reason that's important is that your body absorbs nutrition in a whole-food form significantly more than when those nutrients are isolated into a multivitamin. Tell me if you want to know more about it- Juice Plus is about the easiest thing you can do to change the direction of your family's health.
2 comments:
I would like to know more about it!! When I clicked on the juice plus link it didn't work.
I would also love to know what you put in Abby Jane's smoothie.
Post a Comment