Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Days...

We've had such a fun last week and a half!  "Aunt" Beth came out for business last week and had dinner with us one night- we love her business trips!!!

Abby Jane had her first two trips to the pool last week!  I have become a bit of a sun Nazi, so she's sunscreened up in her rash guard suit and looks a bit greasy, but I love this shot of her "that's my Daddy!" face...
Jake took Thursday off last week, and we had the greatest family day, going to the beach in the morning...and to the Pepperdine pool in the afternoon after naptime!  She's funny in the pool- not really smiley, but not fussy... she just looks around, taking everything in.  Jake was "waterskiing" her in the water, and her expression looked like, "yeah, this is no big deal, I do this all the time..."
On the Fourth, we went to the Will Rogers 5K/10K in the Palisades with our dear friends Jake and Lesley Roberts.  Yes, Lesley is due in three weeks, and she walked the 5K!  Jake R. and I ran the 10K, while my sweet Jake and Abby Jane spectated- it was so fun!!
We had a normal afternoon of naptime and playing outside... then went back to the Roberts' place to grill out and watch fireworks.  Abby Jane had just been put down when the fireworks started.  She woke up from the noise, but was quiet and very interested to watch the fireworks with me from the patio!  We were so proud!
The highlight for her this weekend was probably when Daddy put together her exersaucer!  She LOVES it and keeps being surprised by discovering new things that it does!  Here she is examining a flip toy...

3 comments:

Maggie M. Cooper said...

oh my goodness! what a little angel! i can't wait to meet her in person! i'm looking forward to yall coming home! love you, mag

Allyson said...

just happened to see you had a blog! I'm kind of blog addicted though I have had no time these last 3 weeks! Abby jane is adorable!
Www.mccaytwins.blogspot.com

JJ said...

Em- The timing of our trip to LA was so perfect bc I was pregnant and had no clue and had we postponed it for later in the summer I would have been so sick!! I am so thankful!