We've had a few adventures since saying goodbye to Jake on Saturday morning when he left for his summer two weeks out at Azusa. I will be blogging a little more often than usual while he's gone to let him see his girl's antics! Yesterday morning, Abby Jane was playing under her gym where she goes every morning after breakfast. I laid her down on her back in the center of the gym (feet towards camera, head towards the window). After a little while, I heard her grunting a bit and discovered her crooked under her gym on her tummy! She never rolls onto her tummy unless she gets too much momentum rolling off of it! So I would have loved to see how this happened...
So Abby Jane's foray onto her tummy was adventure #1. Adventure #2 was our trip out to Azusa last night for a kick-off dinner and for Jake to get to introduce the child to his friends and professors. But don't you know our cute little girl spent the majority of the time with her bottom lip stuck out, on the verge of or in tears?! Funny kid. She was so good in church and all day, then I think the party was a bit overwhelming or something.
Adventure #3 was this morning when I ran to the store really quick at 10:30 to get a couple of things and be home before I fed her at 11:00ish. But then a pushy old lady parked next to me was in too big of a hurry for me to finish getting Abby Jane out of the car and grab my purse and be out of her way. So I got Abby Jane in the Bjorn and stepped back before finishing gathering my things, closing the car door so she could pull out. Then I remembered that I had already locked the car and put the keys in my purse. So efficient of me. So thanks to the pushy old lady, we spent a lovely hour at Ralph's waiting for the Malibu Tow guy to come unlock the car for the nominal fee of $70.00. By the time we got home, my child had not eaten in 4 1/2 hours, which is a long time for a 5 month old! And the young lady who was so cranky last night could not have been more chill and relaxed this morning despite her empty tummy! So you never know...
No comments:
Post a Comment