We had the most perfect anniversary yesterday! Jake dropped by mid afternoon with a pot of these...
My favorite flower in the most beautiful blue! After he came home from work for good, we had our favorite dinner with flank steak in my mom's fabulous marinade. I gave Jake a remote meat thermometer, so he loved trying it out and got a good bit of respect from the other guys out grilling!
We had the bottle of wine that we had been saving due to pregnancy constraints since wine tasting in Jan. 'o7... and Peachy Canyon red zin continues to be our out-of-this-world favorite wine. We first tasted it during the best meal we've had in California, in San Luis Obispo at Buona Tavola's back courtyard. I digress.
After dinner, we bathed our little girl and put her to bed. As I turned on her mobile, it played Canon in D, and it struck me that I was walking down the aisle to the same song on the evening of June 26 four years ago. How much has happened between that night four years ago and last night! So our sweet neighbors, Jarrett and Katie, came down and stayed with Abby Jane while she slept... and we went on our first real date in four and a half months! We went to the beautiful Geoffrey's...

and overlooked the water from our cliff-side table while we had dessert (and Jake sampled the port). It was AMAZING to know that Abby Jane was fine and sleeping- our two other times away were abbreviated and somewhat distracted as it was while she was awake and we knew she was having a few bouts of drama in our absence! But last night, we had the most WONDERFUL time talking, sharing, thinking out loud, discussing how we've never been more in love. It was funny to be the parents who love their child more than anything in the world... and yet so excited to be just Jake and Em for an hour and a half! We came home refreshed, delighted with where the Lord has us right now, and looking forward to what He has ahead. I read in Psalms yesterday, and it said, "I will sing to the Lord, for He has dealt bountifully with me." So true! Perfection, indeed.
2 comments:
Y'all are precious! I love keeping up with you on here! And hopefully our shark was a "friendly" one! Be safe in that water!!!
This just made me teary-eyed. How wonderful! I'm so, so glad that parenting and marriage are going so well. Congrats!
Post a Comment