Tuesday, July 15, 2008

She doesn't like peas, but...

She'll eat carrots!  
We tried peas yesterday, and she gagged at the taste.  Hilarious.  So we moved onto the "oranges" today, and she enjoyed half a jar of carrots with her oatmeal after naptime.  One question... the carrots are runny- is it normal to combine runny things with cereal to thicken it?  Or is that gross?

The girl and I continue to be ladies about town while Jake's gone... went to Baskin Robbins in the Palisades with our small group last night and YEA! we're meeting Beth for dinner tonight in Pasadena while she's in town again for business.  

4 comments:

The Slagleys said...

I used to mix them with cereals too. Kate would not eat the soupy texture. I also would mix apple sauce into lots of things- random I know! But, she is a picky eater, so I knew she would eat it if it had apple sauce.

Travis & Jeri Tidmore said...

How funny....we tried peas with Owen yesterday for the first time and he wasn't a fan. So, I put it with the cereal and he ate it just fine today. I think some things they will acquire a taste for...so mix it with cereal and it will give AJ a taste for it!! :-) Also...try giving her some avocado!! IT is so good for babies (and us!!) Just mash it up really well. Owen LOVES it. I don't have to mix it with creal he will eat half an avocado by itself no problem.

jeri

jane said...

avocado was a success for us too... elisha absolutly won't eat any green 'baby food'... but it is easy to mash/ puree peas... or in a little while, let her pick them up and eat them. that's elisha favorite way to eat.
apples are good to mix, but beware that they can constipate,, as well as rice cereal.

lhassler said...

I love, LOVE that picture with her and jake. SO adorable!