Monday, July 28, 2008

Four days and counting...

Until we fly South for the first time with Abby Jane and join my family at the beach for a week, then play with Jake's family for a few days before returning to Cali.  We are fit to be tied to be in the south, be with family, see little nieces and nephews, play in WARM ocean water, and don't get me started on all the food I'm excited about!!!

But there are two small things I need advice on: 1. a 5 hour flight with a 6 month old, and 2. a three hour time change for almost two weeks!  Some of you have passed some tips on to me, but I want to hear it again.  She's in a sweet-natured, mostly laid back stage right now, so I think we're going to be fine.  But I do want some strategies in place, since we are fairly regimented in our schedule here at home.

ALSO, we were so honored and blessed to have Jeff and Lyndsay Rutherford (Jeff and I were dear friends in high school, and he married one of my best friends and roommates at Auburn) spend time with us Saturday and Sunday before starting their trip up the coast to Monterey, Napa, etc.  It was such a teaser to have a short visit- we love time with them so much!  Thank heavens the Tennessee game is not far away... This picture was before we put Abby Jane to bed to have some adult time!

1 comment:

JJ said...

Hey Em! On our flight to see you guys, the portable dvd player was helpful....if you have one. Always have food/drink in tow and just little distractions/toys to keep her occupied. It would be great if she could sleep but you know how that goes. I don't have much advice on the time change. I would just play it by ear and adjust with her. When you are vacationing don't try too hard to have the hours the same but wait to do that when you get back home. I hope ya'll have fun and if for some reason you are near B'ham, call us!