Here's the rundown of Abby Jane's 4th birthday week!
On Monday, we had celebrated with church friends at the park.
The best entertainment there turned out to be a digger getting unloaded off a trailer.On Tuesday, Blythe, Joy, and I got to go to Abby Jane's class to bring birthday treats. Blythe and Joy bellied right on up to the big kid circle for the pledge of allegiance and a few songs.
We got to see Abby Jane do her show and tell. What else would she decide to bring this week but her birthday crown, a new dress-up dress, and it turns out she sneaked a few birthday cards into her show and tell bag, including one from her Great Grandaddy and Granny Joan.
The twins thought they were the business with all those big kids!
The actual big day was yesterday, and it started with a phone call from Manila with the Elliotts singing "Happy birthday" to Janie. After BSF, we celebrated during our normal picnic at the park time with the Joneses.
Andy, Nathaniel, and Miss Lindsey gave Abby Jane some very glamorous princess jewelry.
This off-topic, but this is Joy. She just hung out here for a while.
Miss Lindsey brought birthday treats for everyone.
Abby Jane's celebraters-in-chief, toasting the big sis with their cupcakes.
Then finally came the traditional birthday rose from Daddy. I wasn't going to include this shot since I accidentally caught myself in the mirror, but I love how excited she was when she saw her rose, and it dawned on me that I never had a picture with my girl on her birthday. So, see? I was there.
The one thing she wanted for her birthday dinner was corn, specifically on the cob. She did eat a few other things, too.
The day wrapped up by skyping with the Gillies, Mimi and Bop Bop from Auckland!
So fun to share birthdays with family spread so far.
After skyping, Jake and I played a few games with the girl and watched a few short videos we shot with her while we were still at the hospital after she was born. Nothing makes your kid seem grown up like seeing them so tiny. Nothing makes you chuckle like seeing yourself with your first newborn, knowing what an adventure actually lay ahead of your family and how much more God packed into the last four years than we could have imagined! Happy birthday, Miss Abby Jane!
1 comment:
I've been meaning to comment that it looked like you got a new camera. Yes? which one? Your shots are really fun!
Post a Comment