Friday, February 24, 2012

V-Day


Thanks to the PC/Dell situation, I'm a little slow on the draw for the Valentine's blog, but here it is!

Jake with three of his best of valentines...
Abby Jane asked for some pictures to be taken before school.
Blythe and Joy continued to craft while Abby Jane was at school.  Joy's cool shades were actually stolen from Abby Jane's bag of Valentine goodies. By day's end, there were valentines bedazzling our window, walls, and tables.
Speaking of school, Abby Jane had her Valentine's party that day, and it was such a sweet time! This picture is so classic of this age.  
We also had our first school Valentine's exchange. So fun!
Jake's and my fancy Valentine's tradition is to NOT go out, but to have a fabulous dinner on the china and silver that doesn't regularly make contact with our dinner table.  Most important, we do it AFTER the little ladies go to bed... so our sentences are completed and not punctuated by "your food stays in your mouth or on your plate but not on the floor" or "you can ask your next question after you eat a bite of dinner."  My favorite part of this year's dinner, other than my husband's stunning company, was pairing asiago cheese grits with our filets.
Like I mentioned in the post before, I spilled coffee on my laptop on Valentines, and that Jake Gross was so gracious about the whole thing. There are so many opportunities to react in different ways each day, and each reaction sets such a tone for the rest of the day.  Jake's grace and mercy on me, as opposed to other reactions that would have been justified, allowed our family to have a wonderful afternoon and evening.  Have I mentioned before that I'm so glad I married this guy?

No comments: