

He wasn't the only one who didn't mind that cold water!

Blythe literally was impossible to keep out of the water- the kid ended up sitting down- fully clothed- in the creek to splash.


Then we got on dry clothes and moved into the pasture. Here is Luke (2), showing enough security in his manhood to ride a pink bike.

J.O.Y. (see Dad and Blythe catching a football in the background).

Blythe, Bop Bop, and said football.

Joy took Bop Bop down.

Of course there was some "marshing" as Abby Jane calls roasting marshmallows.

Just enjoying the fire and warmth inside on a rainy Saturday! Right around the fire is where the adults spent some great quality time during kids' naps and after bedtimes. We had a great time enjoying good food, good drink, serious game playing, and some good times.

Decorating Cade's birthday cookie!

Uncle Paul's lap attracts kids of all sizes.

Eventually it was decided to venture out, despite thunder. This was somewhat short-lived, but still nice to get out.

Sunday morning's fabulous hike up into the national forest. The kiddos did a GREAT job hiking, and Abby Jane lasted longer and more enthusiastically than she ever has. It was so, so fun.

Betsy helping Cade across one of the water crossings from Saturday's rain.

The little ones rocked the backpacks.

Seeing the beginnings of spring up there...

The whole crew! Five kids ages four and under.

Everyone else left on Sunday afternoon, so it was just our family for the after-nap walk to the lake.



After the walk, we planned to go into town to grab a bite to eat. The first two places we wanted to go were closed, so we ended up at
Harvest on Main- SUCH a delicious treat! The kids were very well-behaved, but we were still invited to come back without our kids for a romantic evening out sometime. I don't THINK it was a hint...
2 comments:
Oh how I love seeing those pics... Not only do they bring to mind the sights and sounds but also that crisp, cool, sweet foggy mountain smell mixed with cold creek, meadow grass, and cow pasture....then inside with a big wood fire to warm up by. I love seeing your girls delight in it so. J.O.Y. for me as well....
Every time I read about your visits to the cabin, I positively choke up with happiness. Or maybe it's envy. I don't know. I think it's a beautiful thing that you all can use that space in such a wonderful connecting way.
Post a Comment