Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting Away

This week has had some low points (including me paying a hefty fine for a ticket that I might not have had to pay if they allowed cell phones into the courthouse that I could have used to call and say I'd be an hour or two later getting home) and some high points, like dinner with Jake's parents (during which I dumped icewater on my lap) and with our new friends, the Owens. Also in the highlights was the morning I woke up with a bad cold- my first in a year- and Jake went to work late in order to help me get the girls going... and he even vacuumed!

Before all that, we already had planned to go up to Blue Ridge (in the North GA mtns) this weekend to The Cabin. When I was in 1st grade, my family bought some property up there, and my dad designed our Cabin to be built the next year. All growing up, we went up there all the time on the weekends, over Christmas break, for the 4th of July, etc. It is a PRECIOUS and DEAR place where much of my childhood was spent. After my dad passed away, we got up there a lot less, and when I was in college my wonderful Uncle Wayne and Aunt Boo bought the cabin from my mom. It is so special to us that the cabin is still in the family, and Uncle Wayne and Aunt Boo are very generous in sharing it with us kids!

So tomorrow, we're taking these hooligans...
up to The Cabin. We plan to be inside around the fireplace a good bit because it's going to be COLD!!! So we'll be doing some reading...
and a lot of playing... and maybe some in the frigid snow, if we get brave enough!!We can't wait!

2 comments:

Anna Bean said...

I hope you guys have a great time! The twins look like they are getting so big! I got a speeding ticket the other day too, with both kids in the back seat crying because it was lunch time (that's why I was hurrying to get home). I also got warnings for wearing my seatbelt incorrectly, a tail light out, and I didn't have an updated insurance card. I am sorry you got one too- it stinks:( I hope the weather allows for safe travels too!

JJ said...

I'm glad ya'll are getting away! It sounds fabulous! Love you!