Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring weekend...

We've started trying to play more games instead of popping in a movie or watching TV after the kids go to bed. So far, it's been Trivial Pursuit, Gin Rummy, and Friday night's selection, Auburnopoly. And so far, I'm 0-3. And perhaps a little bitter about it- I mean, how can you buy property to build on when every roll gets you sent to jail ("home" in Auburnopoly) or paying a parking fine or something else nonproductive. Meanwhile Jake's building an empire. Punk.
Moving on, I know everyone enjoyed that gorgeous weather last weekend! We spent Saturday morning at Kennesaw Mtn. We had a great walk up, and Abby Jane went the furthest she's gone before explaining that she's "getting a hard time walking" and wanted to get in the other stroller. Here's a little break at the top...
On the way down, we told her she couldn't get in the stroller until we got to the yellow sign (about a quarter mile down). The speck a long way down the road is our child who was a little too quick to obey- Jake and I ended up running with the twins to keep up. But we appreciated the gusto too much to tell her to stop!
At the bottom of the mountain, we met up with the Jones family for playtime and a picnic! We sure, sure enjoy this family. Mark had just met up with some friends for a morning workout of "buddy carries" up and down the mountain twice! Way to make us feel lazy, Mark... :)
Andy and Abby Jane got in some great running around. Unstructured playtime out in a field is one of my favorite things- I think it makes kids get creative, take initiative, and interact more.
The little girls try so hard to keep up...
Nathaniel was content taking care of all the toys the bigger kids abandoned on the blankets.
Spring is in the air!

1 comment:

lhassler said...

Your game nights crack me up. Because we're the exact same. We play this card game called Nerts. It's so frustrating because Jeff is just naturally gifted at gaming and strategy and I lose 98% of the time. No matter what we're playing. Trivial Pursuit? He takes two game pieces and I take one. He still beats me. I'm a really sore loser and after that would rather a movie. I'm glad you guys have fun! I think it's way more enjoyable than staring at a screen. At least, in theory.