Monday, March 21, 2011

March Extravaganza

All the Elliott side of the family descended on Mom's house last weekend to celebrate two March birthdays. Jake had to be out of town, so I took the girls down on my own. After I put the Blythe and Joy to bed, Abby Jane and I waited out on the back deck for everyone to arrive...
We were really excited that they were coming!
This pic of Maggie from Saturday doesn't look like she was too excited to be there, but she actually was. She had new 11-month-old walking legs to show off!
Katie and Scott, the mostly inseparable oldest two...
Those who aren't swinging, push...
Enjoying beautiful weather with Grammy...
"Feeding ducks" a.k.a. throwing entire pieces of bread out into the water to two disinterested geese...
Trying to get poor Mags to perform...
It's convenient now that the older kids can read... and can read bedtime/naptime stories to the younger set! Katie (7) and Janes.
My lovely littles- check out Blythe's signature bling around the neck AND a tutu. I promise she is not as girly as she looks- this morning she was the first to make a beeline to play in a pile of dirt a chipmunk made next to my flower pots...
Celebrating Ryan's 5th birthday that afternoon...
"Top of the Hill" ice cream cake I made for Greg, who is turning 39 next week. Get it? Because next year, he'll be 40 and over the... yeah, you get it. Had to be mint chocolate chip, randomly all my siblings' and my favorite ice cream flavor and randomly hated by all our spouses.
A late-night pic of the siblings and Mom...
The kiddos did not sleep well- all three of the babies had runny noses- so we were somewhat sleep deprived. But those sweet, sweet memories all of us share are worth it! Sunday gets its own blog post, and I'll leave that for tomorrow.

No comments: