Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Like a Fish..

Today was Abby Jane's first swim lessons! We are so excited to be taking classes for the next three months with Andy. Every time she talks about her lessons, she says, "And my friend Andy will be there, too!" Despite all the bravado and excitement, I was totally prepared for her to have last minute jitters. But as soon as we got there, the two of them were splashing around, so eager to start the class.
When it was time to get in with the teacher, look who was first to jump in.
Sweet Andy wasn't too sure at first, but he warmed up after a little bit. Abby Jane was just grinning- she looks like she's telling that kid next to her, "Isn't this the greatest?"
She did everything- some floating with help, blowing bubbles, kicking on the side, kicking with the kickboard, jumping and going underwater- I couldn't have been more proud... and honestly surprised at the total lack of intimidation.
Here was the peanut gallery of younger siblings who were absolute champs and just sat quietly and watched the whole class!
I did not tell her to smile for this picture. I just caught the look- "THIS IS SO FUN!!!"
Andy in action...
Big jump to end on!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my- AJ is such a champ! I see swim team in y'alls future!!! :)

lhassler said...

Such fun. Aurelia gets to take swim lessons this summer too. I just love the excitement in those little bodies as they learn new adventurous things.