Thursday, September 2, 2010

10 months

This is the girls at 10 months a lot of the time. They are not laughing at me, but at their big sis. Abby Jane is chief entertainer and my best assistant.
Here is an outtake. I think Abby Jane got distracted from her photo assistant duties.
Blythe, Blythe, Blythe. The girl is everywhere, crawling, pulling up, walking holding onto your fingers, and chewing on anything she can get her hands on. Blythe FINALLY started visibly cutting a tooth yesterday! Lack of teeth has no impact on her eating, though. The girl has a hollow leg and usually finishes off whatever Joy leaves on her tray! That appetite also includes any shoes not put away and ANY sort of vegetation she can grab when we're outside- grass, leaves, bark, etc.
This is classic Blythe- teething, and... do you notice anything missing behind her? Yes, we hung those letters at that height totally assuming we'd be out of this house before the girls were pulling up and able to reach anything!
Despite her adventurous spirit, Blythe is in the attachment phase and likes to be near Mama a lot of the time. Her favorite perch when I'm sitting on the floor is standing on my leg with one arm around me and the rest of her body facing away, too busy and independent to snuggle.
These two are big buddies- Blythe loves to follow Abby Jane and Abby Jane loves it. I often get reports ("Mama, Blythe's getting the ____!" Insert cord, TV, shoes, etc.)
Sweet Joy still only has those two teeth she got back in June. She is still not crawling, but somehow does migrate around. I predict a crawler in the next two weeks. She launches herself forward, falls, then pushes up to sitting- and ends up getting around somehow. Joy loves being read to and tries to sing along with you. She waves, claps, and plays "Where's Joy?"
She is working on pulling up, and can stand for a little while holding onto your fingers. She bounces and kicks when she gets excited. We hope she learns to crawl soon- she often gets left in whatever room everyone started in when Blythe and Abby Jane take off!
Here is Abby Jane wearing the same dress at just under 9 months. Can you tell they're sisters?!
Fav toys right now- rattles, balls, Alphabet Paul caterpillar, activity table, books with textures.

Eating schedule (for my records- sorry!): breakfast (nursing, then fruits with oatmeal, then finger foods), mid-morning snack (fruit crisps and multigrain cheerios), lunch (veggies, some variety of applesauce, finger foods, nursing), after nap nursing, dinner (veggies, meat, applesauce), finger foods to keep them busy while we eat, then bedtime nursing.

Fav finger foods: blueberries, ANY kind of chopped fruit or veggies (sometimes turn down carrots randomly), multigrain cheerios (don't like plain as much), cheese, turkey, Puffs, rice cakes.

Nap schedule: morning nap- would sleep almost 2 hours if I'd let them, but I usually get them up after an hour or hour and a half so we can actually go somewhere. Afternoon nap- 3-4 hours! It's amazing. I do have a theory that they require more sleep than a lot of only-child babies b/c they are constantly overstimulated by their doting big sister! Bless their baby hearts! We love these girls!

3 comments:

lhassler said...

I am in awe about the amount of sleep they need. And I don't know about the doting big sister theory. I mean, Ellie's got that too...but she doesn't need nearly as much sleep. Might they wear each other out more? They are simply precious, precious. I think Blythe looks so much like you. Abby Jane is such an impressive young lady. She has the maturity of a four-year-old it seems. Great Job, Mommy!

The Vaughns said...

What beautiful baby girls! Happy 10 Months!!

Amber Hanshaw said...

Wow...I'm amazed by their naps! Naomi is the third and naps once, maybe twice a day. For maybe an hour. And only 8-10 hours at night. I'm kind of jealous!