We received the biggest surprise of our lives yesterday at my first ultrasound appointment when we were shown TWO BABIES!!!!!
NO I am not kidding and NO we have NO history of twins on either side of our families!!
The tech thought we already knew and just casually said, "So there's twins there." We thought she was kidding and she had to say three times that she wasn't until she finally said that she "wouldn't kid around about something like that!"
Jake and I broke into hysterical laughter that lasted about five minutes. I'm not sure if I have ever laughed so hard in my life.
The tech started laughing so hard at us that she started to cry as she said, "I'll just give you two a minute!"
So if you do the math, we will have THREE children under the age of TWO come early November! My due date is now the 10th.
That would be their TWO heads below...
We are absolutely overjoyed and shocked and thrilled and nowhere near close to grasping what is about to happen! Our God has SUCH a MIGHTY sense of humor, and it's beyond exciting to see that He has a plan for our lives that is NOT what we could have ever guessed. My adventure-loving Jake who has the gift of adaptability said over and over on our way home, "I love life!!" I have never felt so in the middle of the Lord's hands as we are entering into this crazy new stage that only He could have miraculously chosen to bring us to.
As we are trying to absorb all of this, we talked about how we really want to keep forefront in our minds how we felt those first five minutes and "Choose hilarity!" Because this is a great demonstration of a great God who works "outside of the box" and has all kinds of things up His sleeve that we could never imagine!
There is a lot more I could share but one last thought that we love is how God created Abby Jane perfectly for this role. That girl's independence and knowing of her own mind and total confidence in marching to the beat of her own drum is the PERFECT recipe for the only-slightly older sister for twins. She will effectively rule the roost and not come anywhere near getting trampled down by the younger two.
Please do join us in praying for the babies' health as there are all kinds of extra factors that come into play with twins. But everything looked great yesterday and we are at total peace and rest in the confidence that the God Who created those TWO babies did not forget any of the details that will come along with them, including their health!
22 comments:
oh my goodness, Emily, that's crazy. And exciting!!
Emily that is such exciting news! Congratulations to you, Jake and Abby Jane!
Em! Oh my goodness!!! Yay!:) Double the friends for Baby Cooper #2!:) (We'll find out next week what it is) Yall will be so perfect for this role, and I cannot wait to see how precious those babies are! Congrats!!!
Oh my goodness!!!!!! What a blessing! that's just so exciting and how cute that y'all laughed so hard! What a joy
was waiting on this post! still in shock!!! :) two too fun!
What wonderful news! Have you considered naming either Baby 1 or Baby 2 "Issac?" Guess that would be a bit tough if they are both girls.
I've heard that Pottery Barn Kids may have bunk bed cribs under development! From what I've heard, you will need them in your apartment!
Seriously, it is a joy to pray for two babies now. The Lord knows it takes a special mom and dad to handle twins, and I know His strength will be sufficient for all the juggling you will be doing
Must have been that Vineyard Blend that did it...:)
Oh my gosh! Congratulations!!
WOWSERSSSSS!! Never used that before but seemed appropriate now :) This post MADE my night. I would now love nothing more than the good Lord to bring yall back home so we can help you with your 3 under 2!!!! Whew, my 3 under 4 suddenly seems like a cake walk ;)
Rejoicing with you!! & thankful for blogs that make time apart seem so short.
Wow Emily. That is just wonderful!! Your little apartment is going to be busting at the seams!! :)
J
ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I bet you are still in disbelief, and so, so excited!! What a fun surprise and adventure you are in for! And don't you know that God was enjoying that moment in the doctor's office right along with you and Jake?!!...He had been forming an extra little miracle in your tummy these past several weeks and I know your reaction was precious to Him! Congrats, congrats!!!
This is the best news ever. I am so happy for both of you and on my end, it is easy to see that the Lord just thinks you all are great parents and He wanted to make sure you were raising enough Godly kids to fill his procreation proclamation!! I would love to have twins one day, so I'll just have to live this vicariously through you. Congratulations again!!!
Wow!! I saw your message on FB and I thought it was a joke so I had to check out the blog!
I'm thrilled for you guys!!
Wait... there's two babies? I'm confused. I thought I got it until I looked at the ultrasound pictures and then you weren't very clear.
Jake and Emily - I keep up with y'all via blog and am happy to see your news! Congrats - we'll be checking in on the blog for updates!
HOLY. HOLY. HOLY CRAP. How absolutely, totally amazing and awesome. Jimminy crickets. You are gonna be one busy mama. But, there is no one I know who can better handle it. I've got a fabulous mama friend (Pepperdine alum) of twin girls and a new baby boy. in West Lake if you'd like some helpful tips. She's super down to earth and a fabulous Christian. You'd love her. Seriously.
choose hilarity---amen to that! what else can you do? i love that you can already see how God has made y'alls fam w/ abbey jane's personality ready for this next part of the story!
EM- I have been meaning to call you! I was so excited that Jake called Ash and he told me right away. How fun!!!! We definitely need to catch up. Love you and will be praying for ya'll...
Oh, one more thing. I'll be so excited to see if they're identical. My Westlake friend told me that it's only fraternal twins which tend to run in the family. But, split eggs happen in something like one in 280 pregnancies! I'm so envious. I'd love twins!
What a compliment from the Lord! He knows what great parents you both are and how much those babies will be loved!!!
WOW. I was tearing up reading your post. I love ya'll.
I am thrilled for yall and I will for sure pray for those sweet babies! What a blessing X 2!
Congratulations!!!! So excited for you guys!!! Can't wait to hear more
Post a Comment