Abby Jane turned 15 months on Mother's Day weekend! This girl is a mile a minute these days. She mostly runs around when we're outside and a big explorer- walking on walls, "hopping" off curbs, preferring to walk up and down stairs- it's a fun, busy time!
Other highlights of 15 months...
-gets excited when she sees her little friends
-LOVES flags- points them out everywhere and says "fwag!"
-likes to count- or have me count and she chimes in especially on 2, 6, and 8. We count when we're driving down the hill on campus because there are several flags at the base of campus- so we get in the car and she says, "Two, fwag!" so I'll remember to count
-enjoys the pool, especially when Daddy is there to throw her much higher than I'm comfortable with! Which is one of the things daddies are there for, right?
-loves ANY water- this is at a great pond area at a nearby shopping area- it's really fun for her when it's hot out and I let her get soaking!
-loves fruit, is not into veggies, and here she is having a smoothie for breakfast one day
-don't give her a bite of something she may like unless you're prepared to share it until it's gone
-is trying to lose her morning nap but still has quiet playtime in there as of right now
-points at my belly and says, "baby!" Which sounds brilliant until she points at her tummy or Jake's and says, "baby!" So now baby and belly are apparently interchangeable in her world!
-understands SOOO much more than we realize, which we keep forgetting until she responds to what we're saying!
-has had more bouts of separation anxiety recently, but is always easily distracted by a question or suggestion of something else to do; is also learning to exert her independent spirit in not always coming when called- so we're working on that!!
We went to the zoo as guests of Carrie and Mihret last week, courtesy of the annual pass Mihret got for her 2nd bday. It was a great, great time, and so nice to not feel like we needed to pack it all in one day since it was free and we can go back for free! The chimps were fed while we were there, and I think that was her favorite part, as you can tell by this face she made...
2 comments:
Cute Little Butt!
I can't believe how grown up she is. Such an adorable, beautiful little sassy munchkin. I love the smoothie. I want to see more sunglasses at breakfast, though. That made my day.
Post a Comment