Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chasing Birds and Playground Bullies

We met up with Lesley and Sammy at the Country Mart this morning.  Someone had thrown some pieces of bread in the grass, and these two were making after those birds like it was the best thing ever!

As we were packing up our things, this older little boy at least three years old came over and started playing with one of Sammy's trucks.  After we took the truck back so we could go and complimented him on the balloon he had, he promptly gave Abby Jane (who was just standing there) a hard shove.  She didn't fall and didn't seem to care, but I didn't want to wait around and let him have another go at it.  I totally under-reacted and didn't say anything, but just scooped Abby Jane up and we left.  But after we left, I got all defensive.  Big three year old boy better not run into me in a dark alley! :)  Not that Abby Jane has never hit anyone before... but he was so big and she was so much smaller!  Little punk. :)

1 comment:

lhassler said...

I'm with you. Although, poor little bully probably spends more time with his nanny than his mom and dad. So, while he may have the size advantage, at least Abby Jane has the love advantage :-).