Friends, thank you for your responses to my questions! It amazed me what a consensus there was on those two books ("Shepherding your child's heart" and "Don't make me count to three") from all different groups of friends! It is so encouraging to hear back from everyone and get your thoughts! Holly, I liked your thought about an online Bible study- or maybe a blog book club???
Abby Jane turned 7 months on Monday! We are amazed at how big she is (at 6 months, she was still 75% in weight and 90% in height) and all the things she is doing. Abby Jane will start crawling at any second. She gets up on all fours and rocks and reaches out and wants SO badly to follow us around and be mobile! She scoots backwards on her tummy and also moves around on her bottom pretty well.

She says, "Dad", "Hi Dada", "Mom", "Mama" (that happened last Friday, and it was one of the greatest moments of my life to date), "bababa", "dig", "ga", "yah", and "yeah" and loves to do all of the above at the top of her lungs (except she talks to Jake in a conversational tone).

She eats all veggies, most fruits, and had chicken for the first time last week. The meat kind of grosses me out and she's plenty chunky already, so we don't do a ton of that right now! We are eating Puffs, too- which makes for some great faces.

She's also pulling up, and got her first bruise yesterday when she pulled up on a toy that tipped over. Sad that she got a bruise, but it's also a milestone of her entering this phase of adventure and exploration that will sometimes end in a bump or bruise! So I was kind of proud of the ambition behind the bruise.

I loved this mischievious face- it's the "you're being funny but not quite funny enough for a full smile". The wrinkled nose is also her one expression I can claim! Other than that, she's almost all Jake- which is a great thing!
5 comments:
I can't wait to meet her!!!!!!!!! And see yall too...
What an absolute cutie pie! I love her. I also love her dress. Where did you get that? It's splendid. Her little cheeks are outstanding. Like a chipmunk with nuts in them :-).
Thanks for the comments, Em. I'm totally going to look into that brand. Thanks, also, for the fishing expedition on the parenting books. I've gone and ordered them up for myself already :-).
you have every right to be grossed out by the baby food meat--- my pediatrician told me not to give them to e... that he would be just fine waiting until he could finger feed ground beef or cut up chicken. that has worked out just fine for us...
what a cute growing girl!
hey bro....nice blog
we love the pics
we have a blog too. its ddtwright.blogspot.com
We are going to add you on ours
Post a Comment