Monday, January 9, 2012

Top 10

Some of the following may have come to light in the previous post, but here's a few stories for you that may be been missed...

10. Whenever Jake heads out to SoCal or anywhere out of town in January or February, the mercury always plummets ridiculously.  We get snowed/ iced in. Thankfully this year, it didn't get worse than the 20's, and things got back to normal after just a couple of days.

9. Abby Jane chose this week, of all those in the last 19 months of being daytime potty trained, to adamantly decide to be night time potty trained.  We are thrilled for her choice, but I wouldn't have minded if Daddy could join in the fun.

8. On the first night of this new venture, and the only night to have an accident thus far, I was evidently not fast enough in the clean-up process to prevent Abby Jane from waking up completely.  This was proven when, an hour later at 2:30 a.m., she showed up, fully alert, in my room asking me to help change her doll's dress.  UMMMMM NO MA'AM!!!!  Thankfully, that hasn't happened since.

7. Blythe's aforementioned first haircut, and me learning how take care of her hair.

6. At the zoo, Joy pinched her finger so badly that I thought it was broken.  It was not, but it looks awful. She's a trooper.

5. Abby Jane, in a slightly fussy moment, ran into a door I was opening, and has a resulting really sad -looking injury. These two injuries add to the list of those happening under my supervision, far outweighing those under Jake's! That's one competition I would love to lose.

4. We started a new tradition of Sunday morning shows.  Simply put, we sit on the sofa, and Joy does crazy dancing and running around while we sing "Away in the Manger" or "Joy to the World", depending on her request. She asks, "Am I funny?"

3. Skyping with Jake. Joy asking, at least 50 times a day, "Where's Daddy?" Me: "In L.A." Joy: "In ELLL-lay?"

2. Tomorrow is Abby Jane's first cleaning at the dentist's.  I'm going to proactively put that on the list.

1. Grandparents, friends, a responsible three year old, good-natured two year olds, and the prayers of a good man that have made this week work!

No comments: