A little friend of ours from church had a princess party last weekend. As Jake received compliments on being one of only a very few brave dads there, he said, "My life is a princess party." Yes, I know, I've got a good man!
Meet Joy, the cattywampus princess, who adamantly did not want to take off the Auburn shirt she slept in and was still sporting that black eye. Like I said on facebook that day, there are some things that even tutus and butterfly wings can't change. I wouldn't have it any other way.Here's Abby Jane and the birthday girl, Andie. Abby Jane borrowed a Snow White gown from a friend who has five dresses as we haven't given in yet to the slippery slope of princess- land (which only really will last a few more weeks, since she's having a family princess party herself next month).
It would be truly impossible to articulate the degree of her elation and delight in wearing this dress. Let's just say it was a good call to accept our friend's offer of the dress. The "two year" post below shows Blythey in her own wings and tutu, going as a fairy princess. She actually pulled off the look sweetly, made easier with a pink shirt vs. Auburn shirt and minus the black eye.
As I congratulated Andie's mom and dad on having a three year old, there were a few things that went through my head to mention about the age of three.
...
But since, as always, the fantastic and precious has outweighed the, shall we say, challenging... though the margin there was closer at times than in years past... I kept those thoughts to myself and just cheered. Yea for turning three! YEA that our family almost only has a four year old and two two-year-olds. Seems easier than having a "three". We'll see.
1 comment:
Thinking about Jake's quote reminds me how we used to kid Dad, (with five women in the house at one point, and that was before Big Oak) that he was either King of his castle or maintenance man of a girl's dorm... And did I mention that I have a fondness for Sweet AND Cattywampus?
Post a Comment